Key Office, Shops M8000-M8300
525 Church Street
Note: Office hours for the Key Office have been modified to provide time for staff meetings and training activities. As a result, the office will be closed to walk-in traffic on Tuesdays from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
M, W, Th, F: 7:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. & 12:30 p.m. - 3:45 p.m.
Tuesdays: 7:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. & 1:00 p.m. - 3:45 p.m.
Location: Sidewalk Level of the Church Street Parking Structure.
Phone: (734) 764-3481
Fax: (734) 647-4761
Email: Key Office (get address)
- Key distribution - keys for University Buildings and property, (cabinets, desks, etc.)
- Installation and repair of door handles, knobs, levers, crashbars, all types of locks, etc.
- Lock, hardware, installation and repairs
- Card reader installation and repairs
- Rekeying of doors, file cabinets, desks, etc.
- Planning of small and large projects
- Consultation for special hardware needs
- Clearinghouse for lost and found keys. Note: Keys are held at the key office for 3 months and then disposed of.
- Building keys issued with key requisition forms and cash deposit or work order, check with local administrator or call for details.
- Keys for cabinets, desks, etc. require a work order number, not key requisition forms.
- Green requisition forms (form #4092) are used for master and submaster keys.
- White requisition forms (form #2835) are used for individual room keys.
- Requisitions are invalid if not filled within 30 days of date authorized.
- Work Orders are not accepted for Medical School keys, cash only.
- We do not accept checks, M-card, credit cards, etc. - CASH ONLY.
- Cash deposits vary between $5, $10 & $20 and are determined by the department issuing the key.
- To enter a building after-hours...
For more information please call (734) 764-3481
To request services see "Obtaining Work Orders".
Content modified: Feb 8, 2017